BioAtlantis is an Irish-based company and a world leader, providing proven solutions to crop abiotic stress problems. The company has a strong focus in biotechnology, science and research and utilises the best technology available to develop solutions.
A role with BioAtlantis will be demanding but highly rewarding and a opportunity to gain expansive knowledge of engineering practices.
· Produce design calculations and sketches for machinery layout with support structures. Assuring all calculations and drawings are neatly prepared for review in a timely manner.
· Ensure all calculations and drawings are accurate and in conformance with relevant codes, specifications and engineering practices. Monitor construction and installation to ensure compliance with above.
· Production of drawings, models, assembly models, Bill of Materials for equipment, machinery, structural steel and reinforced concrete in both 2D & 3D models. (AutoCad & Solidworks are the software’s used).
· Design and drawing of HVAC and plumbing models in both 2D & 3D.
· Design and modification of P&ID.
· Establish design with cost, lead times and installation crews considered. Responsible for obtaining quotations, producing purchase orders and liaising with manufacturers to ensure project schedule is maintained.
· Ensure all design is centred around of ease of operation and safe working conditions for operators.
· Able to work autonomously and quickly on design tasks.
· Experience with building and fire regulations is an advantage. Ability to learn and comply with them is a necessity.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD LT and Solidworks is an advantage. Ability to use 2D & 3D modelling software is a necessity.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
· Chartered Engineer is preferable.
· Strong Engineering & technical background.
· Practical understanding of Design solutions.
· Knowledge fabrication, weld procedures and machining.
· Knowledge of Eurocodes for structural steel and reinforced concrete,
· Produce work without unnecessary errors.
· Be innovative, adaptable and produce quality work done expeditiously.
· Reduce project cost and improve work processes.
· Use 2nd hand equipment in new projects to minimise cost.
· Familiarise with a range of industrial processes and produce designs accordingly.
Additional Requirements: Applicants should be highly organised, focused, comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Application deadline: 3/12/2021
Expected start date: 13/12/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €40,010.00-€76,664.00 per year