BioAtlantis is an innovative biotechnology company, specialising in the manufacture of crop biostimulants, defence modulation products for animals and solutions to enhance gut health and immunity for humans.
The company has grown rapidly since inception in 2004. The company is recruiting a Project Development Manager responsible for identifying research and project development opportunities across a range of departments in the business. This represents an excellent opportunity to drive the development of the company as it expands into new markets worldwide.
• Identify opportunities and develop projects in all departments including R&D (natural sciences), engineering, processes, industry and marketing.
• Develop projects at all stages from inception, identifying suitable collaborating partners and drafting project plans.
• Liaise with R&D personnel, administrative staff and collaborating partners to develop and finalize proposals and complete supporting documents.
• Liaise with relevant bodies to ensure compliance with all requirements, including all administrative, technical and financial aspects.
• Maintain records of all preparatory documentation and completed plans.
• Keep account of deadlines to complete project proposals, contracts, and reports.
• Administer all aspects of projects, including timesheets, orders, financial aspects, online systems and all other necessary documentation.
• Liaise with other relevant departments in R&D, engineering, marketing and finance as required.
• Write reports (e.g. interim, final reports) for review by the management team or partners.
• Technical background in the natural sciences (MSc. or above). An additional qualification in accounting is advantageous.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an R&D project developer and project manager.
• Previous experience in coordinating and managing major European and national projects, ideally as an SME project lead (e.g. EU Horizon 2020 projects).
• In depth knowledge of national and international organizations of relevance to R&D and business development.
• Strong research skills, computer skills and ability to use information sources.
• Fluency in English, with excellent writing skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to multitask, highly organized, with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines.
• Negotiable salary.