BioAtlantis Ltd. is an innovative biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives from natural sources for the plant, animal and human health markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Produce design calculations and sketches for machinery layout with support structures. Assuring all calculations and drawings are neatly prepared for review in a timely manner.
· Ensure all calculations and drawings are accurate and in conformance with relevant codes, specifications and engineering practices. Monitor construction and installation to ensure compliance with above.
· Production of drawings, models, assembly models, Bill of Materials for equipment, machinery, structural steel and reinforced concrete in both 2D & 3D models. (AutoCad & Solidworks are the software’s used).
· Design and drawing of HVAC and plumbing models in both 2D & 3D.
· Design and modification of P&ID.
· Establish design with cost, lead times and installation crews considered. Responsible for obtaining quotations, producing purchase orders and liaising with manufacturers to ensure project schedule is maintained.
· Ensure all design is centred around of ease of operation and safe working conditions for operators.
· Able to work autonomously and quickly on design tasks.
· Experience with building and fire regulations is an advantage. Ability to learn and comply with them is a necessity.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD LT and Solidworks is an advantage. Ability to use 2D & 3D modelling software is a necessity.
Essential Requirements & Experience:
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
· Chartered Engineer is preferable.
· Strong Engineering & technical background.
· Practical understanding of Design solutions.
· Knowledge fabrication, weld procedures and machining.
· Knowledge of Eurocodes for structural steel and reinforced concrete.
Produce work without unnecessary errors.
· Be innovative, adaptable and produce quality work done expeditiously.
· Reduce project cost and improve work processes.
· Use 2nd hand equipment in new projects to minimise cost.
· Familiarise with a range of industrial processes and produce designs accordingly.
Additional Requirements: Applicants should be highly organised, focused, comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to work as part of a team.
All positions offer Health Insurance, Pension, Illness Benefit and Life Assurance benefits on completion of probation.