BioAtlantis Ltd. is an Irish biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal, and human markets. As part of our expansion, we are recruiting a fermentation expert specialising in the isolation and culturing of microorganisms. The candidate will drive the development of novel products and ensure successful implementation at production level.
Skills, Experience and Responsibilities:
· Isolate and maintain cultures of microorganisms from soil and other sources.
· Growing microbial cultures.
· Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from plants, animals, soil, or the environment.
· Set up a fermentation lab and develop aerobic fermentation processes.
· Strong technical background and direct hands-on experience with pilot and/or commercial scale fermentation processes.
· Previous experience in the food or drinks industry is advantageous.
· Qualified fermentation scientist, preferably with MSc. or PhD.
· Strong knowledge of industrial processes, with preferably 5 years experience.
· Excellent English.
· Strong planning, decision-making and project management skills.
· Highly organised, with first class attention to detail.
• Salary negotiable depending on experience