BioAtlantis Ltd. is an innovative biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives from natural sources for the plant, animal and human health markets. The company is recruiting a talented chemical engineer/ process development chemist who will work on the development and scale-up of natural product extractions and purification processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Upscaling the lab processes to industrial scale in a manufacturing environment.
· Identify suitable equipment for the unit operation, source them and liaise with suppliers.
· Commission the equipment and ensure proper functioning of such machines.
· Interact with lab, and operations/engineering team on regular basis to ensure success of the project implementation and validation.
· Identify new technologies for extraction, separation and concentration and examine the potential to utilize them in large scale production.
Essential Requirements & Experience:
· BSc., MSc. or PhD. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related discipline.
· Prior industry experience with knowledge of handling solvent extractions and solvent recoveries.
· Familiar with large scale fractional distillation columns, chemical scrubbers.
· Experienced with high pressure and temperature extractions, distillation and condensation.
· Aptitude and skill in natural products extraction, separation, purification & isolation of active compounds.
· Experience in carbohydrate chemistry.
· Disciplined, organised and focused, with excellent problem-solving and project management skills.
All positions offer Health Insurance, Pension, Illness Benefit and Life Assurance benefits on completion of probation.